FAQ #2

Q: How do I know if I have rats?

A: The presence of rats can be detected by large droppings or evidence of fresh gnawing. Tracks can be seen in mud and on dusty surfaces. Runways and burrows may be found next to buildings, along fences or railroad tracks, and under low vegetation and debris.

Q: Do the rodents go outside looking for water and to die after eating the poison?

A: No! There has never been a rodent poison that causes the rodents to leave the premises looking for water or to die. The poison generally takes about 24 hrs. to affect the rodents, they usually die near their nest sites.

Q: So, if the rodents die inside does it stink?

A: Yes & No! With mice, unless there are many that die at once you usually do not notice an odor. Unfortunately with rats there is an odor because of their larger size. If odors become a problem we have a service that either removes the dead rodent or eliminates the odor.

Q: If my pet eats a rodent that has eaten the poison will they die?

A: The rodent bait we use has little to no secondary poisoning affects. The pet would have to consume many dead rodents all at once or over several days in order to be affected by the poison the rodents have eaten. In most homes or businesses there usually are not enough rodents to reach the needed amount a pet would have to eat & secondly the rodents do not usually die in the open.

Q: Are the poisons left out where my pets can get to them?

A: No! All baits/poisons are placed inside of secured tamper resistant rodent baiting boxes, eliminating any chances for exposure to non target animals.

Q: If my pet were to eat some of the bait/poison what should we do?

A: Again, your pets should not be able to come in contact with the bait/poison. However, if you’re pet ever appeared to eat some rodent poison, Immediately notify us and take the pet to the vet. Vitamin k1 is the antidote for the bait/poison we use.